In late October, NOW Corporation partnered with SK Telecom, the Korean telco giant that launched the first 5G commercial service in the world, to provide 5G-based services in the Philippines. With such an influential partnership contributing to the country’s Telco scene, it’s time to start priming your networks for wireless-focused technology. Invest in top-quality Cisco routers in the Philippines today to prepare your systems for commercial 5G solutions in the future.
What is 5G?
5G is short for the fifth generation of wireless cellular technology. Designed to speed up wireless networks and increase their capacity, it is set to propel new and existing networks to greater heights for the next generation. Here are some key facts about 5G technology:
- 5G boosts network capacity with enhanced device connectivity. It offers higher data rates to support upgrades and new applications.
- 5G is suitable for various industries. Its advantages include reliable wireless connectivity, improved mobile experience, and increased capacity for virtual and augmented reality.
- 5G provides powerful connectivity outdoors. The technology offers consistent connection even during high-speed commutes, such as riding a bullet train at 150 miles an hour or more.
5G Developments in the Philippines
NOW Corporation is not the first company to provide 5G services in the Philippines.
Globe started offering 5G last June, becoming the first company to roll out the technology in Southeast Asia. Initially opening the service only for the residents of Pasig City, the company extended its services to select areas in Bulacan, Cavite, and Rizal this October.
PLDT is poised to launch 5G services soon as well. The company recently tested a 5G-facilitated videocall that reached 700 megabits per second.
As of November 2019, 5G technology services are limited to broadband or home services in the Philippines. Given its potential to enhance businesses and these recent Telco developments, it’s only a matter of time before 5G-optimized office networks will become the norm in the country.
Ready to integrate 5G into your operations, but you’re not yet prepared to completely redefine your system for wireless-focused connections? Start by upgrading your network with industry-leading Cisco routers in the Philippines.
Prime Your Networks for 5G Technology with Top-Quality Routers
5G is set to take the Philippines’ digital landscape by storm. Give your networks an edge by preparing them for 5G technology updates today. Invest in industry-leading routers to:
- Optimize applications
- Streamline branch collaborations
- Ready your platform for digital applications
- Simplify day-to-day network management
- Speed up the deployment of key integrated network services
- Make your network foundation more flexible and scalable
- Ensure data and product integrity with fortified defenses
- Prime your system for cloud-based application adoption without compromising performance
The more advanced your network is today, the easier it will be to implement 5G upgrades later, so make strategic upgrades now. To learn more about the Cisco latest technology in the Philippines for possible 5G upgrades, talk to an established equipment supplier.
A R Network Systems Integration Philippines: Your Trusted Supplier of Best-in-Class Routers
Enhance your network’s adaptability. Count on AR Network Systems Integration Philippines for top-quality Cisco routers. We carry:
Not sure which type is ideal for your network demands? Secure our consulting services. Our Cisco specialists can determine the best upgrade for your system. We also offer 24/7 customer support, network design solutions, and network maintenance. Call us now at (632) 7903-7891 to talk to one of our experts.